Funtober! Family Activities, Fall Festivals, Haunted Houses and More!
FALL FAMILY DAYS AT ROCK RANCH
Saturdays thru Nov. 7. 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. $15 per person over the age of two. Individual Fall Fun Season Pass – $24.50
– Have fun and make special memories on the farm! Enjoy all of The Rock Ranch rides and attractions including zip lines, pony rides, pedal karts, carousel, locomotive train, hay rides, petting zoo, corn maze, pumpkins, Tiny Town (our extremely popular village of themed playhouses), and so much more! The Rock Ranch is no regular farm visit. Your family will spend more than just a couple of hours here. A day at The Rock Ranch is a full day outdoor adventure! National Pumpkin Destruction Day is Nov. 7, the Saturday after Halloween. The Rock Ranch pioneered this event! Pumpkin Destruction Day at The Rock Ranch is highly energetic and continues to grow in popularity allowing guests to destroy pumpkins in nearly every way imaginable.
ANDALUSIA’S 11TH ANNUAL BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL
Saturday, Oct. 10 from 3-8 pm. Andalusia Farm, Milledgeville
The majestic oak and pecan trees provide a wonderful canopy for our guests as they set up lawn chairs, blankets, and picnics for several hours of the best Bluegrass music to be heard anywhere. Bluegrass at Andalusia is an event for the whole family; we hope you’ll join us this year! Bring your picnic baskets, or come hungry and get some snacks from one of our vendors, Old Clinton’s BBQ, Top Dawg Growler and Doodle’s Cupcake Bakery! Music includes; Good Country People at 5pm, Heart Pine at 6pm, The Honey Cutters at 7pm. Tickets $10, Under 12 Free.
JAZZ & ARTS ON RIVERDALE
Saturday, Oct. 17 from noon – 6 pm. Free event!
– An afternoon on a tree-lined street with musicians playing and artisans selling their wares, has already become an anticipated event and family affair. Lawn chairs welcome. Food and drinks available on site. Great kids corner with activities and art projects, live jazz all day!
LANE SOUTHERN ORCHARDS FALL FESTIVAL & CORN MAZE
Saturday, Oct. 24 from 11am – 5 pm.
5 Minutes West of I-75 . Exit 142, Fort Valley.
– Fun for the entire family with costume contest from 1-3. Food availabe on site. Pumpkin patch, hay rides, kids village and more!
– Corn Maze Open daily 9am – 6pm. Ages 3 & under free; Corn Maze & Hayride Combo; Ages 4-12 $10.00; Ages 12+ $14.00
Corn Maze; Ages 4-12 $8.00; Ages 12+ $11.00
Hayride: Ages 4-12 $3.00; Ages 12+ $5.00 –
GREAT PUMPKIN HALLOWEEN EVENT
Bass Pro Shops in Macon, Various events are scheduled from Oct. 24-31. FREE.
– Activities include free photos, free crafts, in-store trick or treating, marshmallow roast and apple dessert sampling. In-store trick or treating and costume parade Oct. 30-31 from 6-8 p.m. Win a $25 gift card! For more info basspro.com
DEEP ROOTS FESTIVAL
Saturday, Oct. 24 from 11am – 10 pm. Downtown Milledgeville. Gate admission $8. Kids 3 and under free.
– The 12th annual festival offers a little something for everyone. Over 100 vendors and downtown shops. A Kids Zone, car show, bbq cook-off and much more. Live music includes; a reunion show of Moonshine Still, Hippo Campus, Bronze Radio Return, Ethan Tucker, Stokeswood and more.
SPIRITS IN OCTOBER
The Historic Riverside Cemetery Conservancy will present “Unexpected Exits” during its seventh annual Spirits in October tour the weekends of October 22-25 and Oct. 29-Nov1. Spirits in October is not a scary ghost tour. It’s about honoring and sharing the stories of the fascinating people who came before us to make Macon what it is today. This one-hour guided tour puts a human face on history for hundreds of visitors who enjoy seeing actors in costume at grave side. Visitors purchase advance tickets online to reserve their one hour guided walking tour. Tours depart every 15 minutes from 6 – 9 pm. riversidecemetery.com
October 23-25 at Tattnall Square Park. Fri/Sun $10, Sat $15. 100% of proceeds goes directly to charity!
– Raise a stein to celebrate the Third Annual Macon Octoberfest, featuring Bavarian traditions served up Georgia style! Join us for a weekend of Southern Music and Georgia Craft Beers! Raise your steins on Friday evening 4-10 p.m.. A beer garden indicative of those at Munich’s Oktoberfest, with long tables and foliage, offers plenty of Georgia-made craft brews to go around, as well as live musical entertainment throughout the evening. Saturday offers plenty of Georgia-made craft brews to go around, as well as live musical entertainment throughout the day.
Enjoy authentic Bavarian cuisine—the ingredients of which are locally sourced—food from local vendors, and shop the booths of area merchants in the Local Marketplace. 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Macon OctoberKIDS. 12:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Macon Octoberfest Weiner Dog Race. Live music all day long! Sunday; 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Brewers Brunch in Tattnall Square Park For those wishing to discuss the nuances of beer with the brewmasters themselves in an intimate & relaxed setting. The Brewers Brunch affords you tastings from breweries from all over the state while enjoying brunch presented by Grow, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Macon Octoberfest Acoustic Set.
ZOMBIE RUN AT THE GUARDIAN CENTER
Perry, Saturday, Oct. 24. Register online at zombie run.com
– Zombie Run is a Zombie-infested 5k obstacle fun run. Run as an individual or form a team to navigate the obstacle course and avoid the flesh eating Zombies! This event is being held at the Guardian Center, a former cold-war nuclear missile plant converted to be the nations premier disaster preparation and validation center. It features a modern city-scape, 300 vehicles, a working subway and a highway built to D.O.T specifications for us to stage the apocalypse.
At Zombie Run Escape, we utilize the unique features of the venue to create challenges and obstacles for the participants. The Guardian Center is a 330 million dollar disaster preparedness facility and we intend to use the unique elements to create the most apocalyptic run in the world. Forget the usual OCR obstacles; we intend to utilize the vehicles, rubble, buildings, tunnels and roadways for this event. “Hands down one of the best races I have ever been to.” – Jon Watson, JonWatsonTV.
HARVEST FAIRE AT HAY HOUSE
Friday, Oct. 30 from 4-7 p.m. Free event!
Come one, come all! Celebrate fall at hay house on Friday, October 30th, from 4pm-7pm in 1800’s style! Tour the house, guided by actors in period dress. Marvel at the magician, juggler, stilt walker, and fortune teller. Kids can get in the spirit of the day by getting their face painted. There will be a craft project for the little ones and popcorn to munch on. This event is free to the community and sponsored by the knight foundation.
LAKE JOY TRAIL OF TERRORS
428 Lake Joy Rd. in Warner Robins
(South of Hwy 96. Look for signs)Open every Friday and Saturday in October and on Halloween Night $10 per person. Not recommended for kids younger than 10 years old.
BYRON BODY FARM
Fridays and Saturdays in Oct. 7:30-Midnight Rain or shine. $10 admission
Grave Intentions L.L.C. and Byron Body Farm have collaborated for the 13th annual haunted attraction . You have known us as Underworld haunted house, The F.E.A.R Institute & Warehouse 366,. This year will bigger and better than before at the Byron Body Farm haunted attraction. Located at Custom Golf & Driving Range. 4015 US-41 North, Byron.
Approx. 35 minutes from Macon. I-16 east, exit 32
Georgia’s scariest haunted house open weekends thru Oct. 31 from 7pm – 11 pm. Visit the Slaughterhouse, Raven Blackout and Experimental sites. From Macon, take I-16 east, exit 32. Approx. 35 minutes. General admission $22 per person.
HALLS OF HAVOC
7536 Knoxville Rd., Lizella
The attraction has not announced any 2015 information. The haunt is an old schoolhouse where screams of horror can be heard.
NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
$22 per person. Buy tickets in advance online at fearworld.com.
6624 Dawson Blvd., Norcross
Netherworld is worth the drive, consistently named one of the top 13 haunted houses in the southeast! It’s also open every single night thru October. A walk-through dark attraction filled with terrifying live actors, amazing special effects and incredible monsters. The Travel Channel wrote “The most over-the-top haunted house on earth!”